Are you having trouble with your motherboard? Is it not performing as well as you would like? If so, you may need to update your motherboard drivers.
Updating motherboard drivers is an important part of maintaining your computer. By keeping your motherboard drivers up to date, you can ensure that your computer is running at its best performance.
In this blog post, we will show you how to update your motherboard drivers quickly and easily. So don’t wait – follow these steps today and start enjoying a faster, smoother computing experience.
Why is it important to Update Motherboard Drivers?
Your motherboard is the heart of your computer. It is responsible for managing all the components of your system, including your CPU, memory, and storage.
As new technologies are released, manufacturers release updated drivers to keep their products up to date. By updating your motherboard drivers, you can ensure that your system is able to take advantage of the latest advancements.
Here are a few more advantages of updating the motherboard drivers:
- Updating your drivers can also help to fix any bugs or issues that you may be experiencing with your motherboard. So if you are having any problems with your system, it is always a good idea to check for updated drivers.
- Out-of-date drivers can cause security vulnerabilities. By updating your drivers, you can help to protect your system from being hacked or infected with malware.
- Newer drivers often offer improved performance, so by keeping your drivers up to date, you can enjoy a better computing experience.
How to update Motherboard Drivers on Windows?
There are two ways to update your motherboard drivers on Windows: manually or automatically. We will discuss both ways.
Manually from Manufacturer’s Website
If you want to update your drivers manually, you can go to the manufacturer’s website and download the latest drivers for your model of the motherboard. Once you have downloaded the drivers, you will need to install them on your system.
Follow these steps to find out what motherboard you have and who is the manufacturer:
- On your Windows search box, type Command Prompt and launch it with administrator rights.
- Once the Command Prompt window is opened, type or copy & paste this command and hit the enter key: wmic baseboard get product,Manufacturer,version,serialnumber
- The above command will show the manufacturer, product name, and the serial number of the motherboard.
Once you know the manufacturer and model number of your motherboard, you can go to the official website and download the latest drivers.
After downloading the drivers, double-click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install them on your system.
Manually from Device Manager
Another way to update your motherboard drivers on Windows is from the Device Manager. The Device Manager is a tool that lets you view and manage all the hardware devices connected to your computer.
Follow these steps to manually update the motherboard drivers from Device Manager:
- Right-click on the Start button and select Device Manager from the menu.
- The Device Manager window will pop up, displaying all of the drivers that have been installed.
- Look for the Firmware and expand its drop-down menu.
- Right-click on the System Firmware and select Update driver.
- Select the Search automatically for drivers option on the next window if you don’t have the most recent drivers installer on your PC.
- If you want to manually update the drivers, go to the manufacturer’s website and obtain the most recent version. Save the downloaded drivers on your system hard disk.
- Select Browse my computer for drivers to update the driver manually.
- Restart the system to make the changes effective.
Automatically Using Windows Update
Starting with Windows 10, Microsoft began to release driver updates through Windows updates. As a result, you must update Windows 10 in order to keep up with the most recent drivers.
To update Windows 10 to the latest version, perform the following procedures in this order:
- Open Windows 10 settings.
- Click on the Update & Security option.
- On the left pane, select the Windows Update tab and then click Check for updates on the right.
- Click on Install now after the latest updates have finished downloading.
- Finally, restart the device.
Automatically using Updater Programs
If you don’t have the time or patience to update your motherboard drivers manually, you can do it automatically with driver updater programs.
Driver updater programs will scan your computer and detect any outdated or missing drivers. When it detects an outdated or missing driver, driver updater programs will download and install the latest driver for you automatically. You can set driver updater programs to scan your computer and update drivers automatically on a schedule. This way, you don’t have to remember to update your drivers manually.
There are many driver updater programs available on the market. Here are the best ones:
Here are a few popular dedicated driver updater programs that you can use to maintain your system drivers.
Driver Booster is the best updater software on our list. It is designed to automatically detect the missing or outdated drivers from the Windows system. With 3 Million+ drivers on its database, you are assured to find the rarest driver and fix any compatibility issue.
Driver Booster 7 PRO is safe and designed to detect outdated, missing, and faulty drivers and update them all in a single click.
Once you get the PRO version using the Driver Booster key, it unlocks the following features:
- Fast Scanning and downloading: Within a few seconds, it can scan the entire PC for the missing, broken, or outdated drivers and start downloading/installing them.
- One-Click Update: Can update all the drivers in a single click.
- Enhance the Performance: It can highly magnify the performance of the system, by finding out the broken drivers and repairing them.
- Backup & Restore: It lets you back up all the system drivers and restore them after you format the PC.
Avast Driver Updater
Avast is popularly known for its security programs. However, it also provides many PC optimization tools; one of those is Avast Driver Updater.
Avast Driver Updater scans your PC for outdated drivers and replaces them with the latest version available in its database. It servers around whooping 5 million drivers. That means there is a good chance it has all the essential drivers for your PC. Moreover, it creates a backup of the existing drivers in case things go south. It comes with a trial period of 15 days on the first installation.
It’s important to update your motherboard drivers regularly to ensure optimal performance and security. You can update your drivers manually or automatically with driver updater programs. Updating your drivers regularly will help you enjoy a better computing experience.
Do you have any questions about updating your motherboard drivers? Let us know in the comments below.
If you are experiencing problems with your computer, it’s a good idea to check for driver updates. You can also go to the manufacturer’s website and check for the latest drivers for your model of the motherboard.
You should update your motherboard drivers regularly, especially if you are experiencing problems with your computer. You can also set driver updater programs to scan your computer and update drivers automatically on a schedule.
Updating your motherboard drivers regularly can improve the performance of your computer and fix problems. It can also help to keep your system secure by installing the latest security updates.
Your BIOS (Basic Input/Output System) is a chip on your motherboard that stores information about your system. You can update your BIOS from the manufacturer’s website or by using an updater program. Please note that updating your BIOS can be risky so if your system is functioning well there is no need to update BIOS. Also, if you are not experienced with updating BIOS, it’s best to leave it to a professional.