Avast Premium Security (initially called as Avast Premier) has several features to protect and boost the performance of your computer. It completely blocks unauthorized access to your sensitive data and webcam. Also, it auto update your other software so that there are no security loopholes remains. The data shredder lets you delete files permanently so that no one can recover it. Let’s take a look at the features of Avast Premium in detail.
Features of Avast Premium
Avast Premium has several features from prevention, protection, privacy, and some other useful tools.
- Firewall – actively monitors internet traffic and keeps hackers & data hunting websites away.
- Anti-Spam – removes malicious content and spam emails from your mailbox.
- Real Site – protect your DNS from hackers who try to hack it and redirect you to fake financial websites.
- Wi-Fi Inspector – detects loopholes in your Wi-Fi network and fixes it.
- Intelligent Antivirus – uses smart analytics to stop viruses, malware, spyware, ransomware, and phishing.
- CyberCapture – analyse a suspicious file in the cloud and send cures to all Avast users.
- Behaviour Shield – check and block suspicious behaviour of unknown threats.
- Smart Scan – checks for suspicious add-ons and outdated software and finds the cracks.
- Ransomware Shield – blocks other programs and ransomware from changing your files.
- Automatic Software Updater – auto updates your outdated software so that no security holes left.
- Sandbox – runs a suspicious program in a safe environment before you run them on your computer.
- Passwords – stores all your username and passwords, you have to remember only one password.
- Data Shredder – lets you permanently delete sensitive and valuable data and make it unrecoverable.
- Webcam Shield – apps need to ask you before accessing your webcam, so no more webcam spies.
- Passive Mode – lets you use another antivirus without uninstalling Avast Internet Security.
- Do Not Disturb Mode – stops notifications while you are gaming, watching movies, and doing important work.
- Browser Cleanup – removes unwanted toolbars, add-ons, and other malicious extensions.
- Avast Account – lets you manage all your devices, license, and allow you to locate your mobile devices.
- In-product Support – helps you to tackle problems with your suite from Avast support.
Working of Avast Premium
The home screen of Avast Premium displays the protection status of your computer. It also lists the issues here. You can click on the Resolve button to fix those issues.
On the Protection tab of Avast Premium, it lists various protection features. Scan, Core Shields, Ransomware Shield, Wi-Fi Inspector, Real Site, Sandbox, Firewall, and Virus Chest are available. You can click on each component and enable/disable the different features.
The Privacy tab lists different features for sensitive data protection. It has Passwords, Data Shredder, SecureLine VPN, Webcam Shield, and Sensitive Data Shield. Moreover, you can also get AntiTrack Protection. Above all, the most crucial feature is Sensitive Data Shield. It protects your valuable data from ransomware.
The Performance tab of Avast Premium has few tools to boost the speed of your PC. It has Software Updater, Driver Updater, and Do Not Disturb feature. It also has a Cleanup tool. So, when your computer gets jammed due to junk file, you can use it.
The Settings of Avast Premium is available in the menu button. So, click on Menu and the Settings to access it. There are different categories in the settings. Which means you can easily find them. It has General, Components, Update, Troubleshooting, and About Avast categories.
On the Components section of settings, you can enable/disable each component. Also, you can customize them according to your use.