Did you recently upgrade to Windows 10 or Windows 11 and find that some of your devices no longer work properly? This is often due to outdated drivers.
In this blog post, we will show you how to reinstall drivers on Windows 10 / 11. We will also provide a list of the best driver update tools available on the market. So, without further ado, let’s get started!
Why do you need to Re-install Windows Drivers?
There are a number of reasons why you might need to update or reinstall drivers on your Windows computer. The most common reason is that the device is not compatible with the new version of Windows.
Other reasons include:
- The driver is outdated and needs to be updated.
- The driver has become corrupted and needs to be replaced.
- You are experiencing problems with the device and need to troubleshoot.
- You want to reset the driver to its default settings.
How to Re-Install Windows Drivers?
There are several ways to update or reinstall drivers on your Windows computer. Here are the most common ones:
Re-Install Drivers using Device Manager
The first method is to use the Device Manager. This tool is built into Windows and can be used to update or reinstall drivers for your devices.
- To open the Device Manager, press the Windows key + X on your keyboard and then select Device Manager from the menu that appears.
- Once the Device Manager is open, find the device you want to update or reinstall the driver for.
- Right-click on the device and select “Uninstall device“.
- After uninstalling the driver, restart the system.
- The drivers must be automatically installed.
- However, if the drivers are not automatically installed, again re-launch the Device Manager.
- Click on the Action tab on the upper menu, and select Scan for hardware changes.
- This will trigger your OS to look for the changes in the hardware and install the drivers.
Re-Install Drivers using Driver Updater Program
Another way to reinstall drivers is by using a driver update program. These programs will scan your computer for outdated or missing drivers and then update or reinstall them for you.
There are many driver updater tools available on the market, but we recommend the following ones:
Driver Booster is the best updater software on our list. It is designed to automatically detect the missing or outdated drivers from the Windows system. With 3 Million+ drivers on its database, you are assured to find the rarest driver and fix any compatibility issue.
Driver Booster 7 PRO is safe and designed to detect outdated, missing, and faulty drivers and update them all in a single click.
Once you get the PRO version using the Driver Booster key, it unlocks the following features:
- Fast Scanning and downloading: Within a few seconds, it can scan the entire PC for missing, broken, or outdated drivers and start downloading/installing them.
- One-Click Update: Can update all the drivers in a single click.
- Enhance the Performance: It can highly magnify the performance of the system, by finding out the broken drivers and repairing them.
- Backup & Restore: It lets you back up all the system drivers and restore them after you format the PC.
Avast Driver Updater
Avast is popularly known for its security programs. However, it also provides many PC optimization tools; one of those is Avast Driver Updater.
Avast Driver Updater scans your PC for outdated drivers and replaces them with the latest version available in its database. It servers around whooping 5 million drivers. That means there is a good chance it has all the essential drivers for your PC. Moreover, it creates a backup of the existing drivers in case things go south. It comes with a trial period of 15 days on the first installation.
Download Drivers using the Manufacturer’s Website
If you want to update or reinstall drivers manually, you can download them from the manufacturer’s website.
First, identify the make and model of your device. Then, go to the manufacturer’s website and look for the support page for that particular device.
Once you’re on the support page, look for the driver’s section and download the drivers from there.
After downloading the drivers, install them on your computer.
What to do if your drivers aren’t updating automatically?
If your drivers aren’t updating automatically, there are a few things you can do to try and fix the problem.
First, check to see if your computer is set to automatically install updates. To do this, go to Start > Settings > Windows Update and make sure that the Update is not paused.
If it is, then try running the Windows Update troubleshooter and see if that helps.
If you’re still having trouble, you can try manually downloading and installing the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
Finally, if none of these solutions work, you may need to contact the manufacturer of your devices for further assistance.
The article provides a number of ways to update or reinstall drivers on your Windows computer. The most common methods are using Device Manager and Driver Updater programs. If your drivers aren’t updating automatically, you can try manually downloading and installing the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
We hope this blog post has helped you learn how to reinstall drivers on Windows. If you have any questions or comments, please leave them in the section below.
There are several ways to update or reinstall drivers on your Windows computer. The most common methods are using Device Manager and Driver Updater programs. You can also try manually downloading and installing the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
There are several reasons why you might need to reinstall drivers on your computer. If your drivers are outdated or missing, it can cause problems with your devices. Reinstalling drivers can also help if you’re having trouble with your devices.