There are times when you might need to reinstall the software on your computer. Maybe the program isn’t working correctly, or you’re having trouble with it.
In any case, reinstalling software can be a tedious task if you don’t know how to do it properly. That’s why we’ve put together this guide on how to reinstall the software in the correct way. By following these steps, you’ll make sure that your software is installed correctly and will run smoothly on your computer.
How to correctly Reinstall a Program?
If any program is causing a problem on your computer, but it is crucial for your work or any other reasons, you can just uninstall and freshly install it in the proper way so that the problem gets fixed.
Here is how you can do that.
Check for the Updates
Before uninstalling and freshly installing any program, check for its latest updates. Maybe by updating, the program may start working properly, and you won’t need to reinstall it. You can check for the updates by launching the application and navigating to its settings.
Uninstall the Program Traditionally
If the application is already updated with the latest version and the problem persists, unfortunately, you have to uninstall and then correctly reinstall it.
Here are the steps to uninstall an application.
- On your Windows system, search for Control Panel and click on its icon to launch.
- Under Programs settings, click on Uninstall a program.
- From the list of programs, choose a program to uninstall and click on Uninstall button.
- Follow the on-screen uninstallation instruction to eradicate the selected application from your computer.
Uninstall the Application using Uninstaller Program
Some applications are stubborn and just refuse to get uninstalled through the traditional way. To uninstall such applications, you require special dedicated uninstaller programs.
If the applications are refusing to get uninstalled or you are finding it tedious to manually uninstall them, there are many robust, dedicated uninstaller programs that will help you to get rid of them.
When you search on the internet for an uninstaller program, you will get plenty of options to use. However, not all of them are robust enough. One of the best robust uninstaller programs is IObit Uninstaller.
Here are the steps to uninstall a program using IObit Uninstaller:
- After downloading and installing the IObit Uninstaller, launch it from the desktop or start menu.
- From the left, switch to the software category tab from which you want to uninstall program. For example, Bundleware.
- Tick the program you want to uninstall and click on the Uninstall button.
- Check the Create a restore point before uninstall and Automatically remove residual files options before clicking on Uninstall button.
- The program will be uninstalled without leaving any leftovers.
Reinstall the Uninstalled Application
After uninstalling the application in one of the above ways, you now have to reinstall it correctly.
Here are the steps for that:
- First of all, make sure that the application is completely uninstalled and there are no traces of it left. Look for its icon on Start Menu or Taskbar.
- After ensuring that the application is completely eradicated, visit the official website and download the program’s latest version. Never download the program from any unauthorized or suspicious third-party sources. You might accidentally introduce a malware program into your system.
- After downloading, run the installer to begin the installation. Ensure that you carefully follow the installation instructions.
- Make sure that the installation process is uninterrupted. If the installer requires an active internet connection to install the program, make sure that the device is connected to a network the whole time during the app installation.
- Don’t restart or shut down the computer in the middle of the app installation process. It would be difficult to remove an incompletely installed application from the system.
- After the installation is completed, restart the device before using the application to implement the new changes in the system.
That’s all you need to do to reinstall an application correctly on your computer. Reinstalling an application is not a difficult task if you know the proper way to do it. By following the steps mentioned in this guide, you can reinstall any program on your computer without any difficulty. You can ensure that the application is correctly installed and will work smoothly on your system. You can also avoid any installation errors that might occur because of a wrong or interrupted installation process.
You can ensure that the application is correctly installed by following the steps mentioned in this guide. By carefully following all the steps, you can reinstall any program on your system without any difficulty.
No, your data will not be erased if you uninstall and reinstall an application. The only thing that will happen is that all the settings related to that particular application will be removed from your system. Your data will remain intact.
If you face any difficulties while installing an application, make sure that you follow all the steps mentioned in this guide. If the problem persists, you can contact customer support for assistance. They will be able to help you with the installation process and resolve any issues that you are facing.