Videos have gradually grown to one of the most popular entertainment sources. Today, video songs are more popular than their audio counterparts. Videos come in a large number of formats, such as AVI, MP4, ALV, MKV, FLV, WMA, 3GP, WMV, and more.
There are times when you require to convert a particular format video into any other format. There can be various reasons for that; for example, it might be possible that your phone is incompatible with a particular format video, and therefore it needs to be converted. Similarly, some video format provides the same or even higher quality while being smaller in size, so you can covert your big-sized video into that format.
When you search for a video converter on the web, like video editing software, you will get many options to choose from for a converter too. It becomes challenging to choose a genuinely good application.
In those hay of applications, you will find very few that are up to the mark. One of those is FonePaw Video Converter Ultimate. It is available for both Windows and Mac. If you are in doubt whether to go for it or not, here is a detailed, unbiased review.
FonePaw Video Converter Ultimate Installation
For installing the FonePaw Video Converter, you require to download its installation file from the official site. It is almost 1.6 MB in size. After it is downloaded, just launch it and click on Install to initiate the installation. You can also customize the installation and choose the settings as per your preference.
Installation would take some time according to your system configuration.
After it is completed, click on Start Now to launch the FonePaw Video Converter Ultimate.
FonePaw Video Converter Interface
There is a saying that the first impression is the last impression. In the case of software and games, the first impression is created by their User Interface. If we talk about the FonePaw video converter interface, it is quite straightforward, and you will find all the significant features on the main interface itself. Unlike other converting applications, the UI of FonePaw is sleek and non-confusing, making it easier to use for even non-techie people.
FonePaw Video Converter Tools
Now let us one by one look at the tools of the FonePaw Converter and test their working.
The primary tool of the FonePaw, i.e., the converter, provides you a lot of options to select. To convert a video file, you can either drag that file on the app or add it from the application itself.
Now comes the best part. The application would not just simply convert the video. Before starting the conversion, it would provide you the option to go with the original audio track, add any other track, or entirely disable the audio track.
Similarly, you can go with the original subtitles track, add any other one, or simply disable the subtitles.
Further, there are tons of options to choose the video format.
You can also adjust the video resolution, quality, and audio settings as per your preference.
Apart from the above settings, you can also trim and edit the video before conversion. Click on the icons next to the source video for further options.
You can choose to convert more than one file at the same time.
After setting up, click on Convert All to begin the conversion process. If you have more than one file, you can merge them into one.
The conversion time depends on the source file’s size but is relatively faster than others because it uses NVIDIA CUDA technology for the conversion.
After the conversion is completed, you will see a success message.
FonePaw DVD Ripper
Apart from the conversion tool, the FonePaw Video Converter Ultimate is also equipped with the DVD or ISO file ripper. You can use it to rip-off your reusable DVDs of the Handycam to clear it before the next trip. There are many applications and games that come with ISO extension; the FonePaw DVD ripper can be used to run those apps. Like the conversion tool, the ripper tool also allows you to rip more than one file simultaneously.
FonePaw Video Converter Other Tools
Besides video converter and ripper tools, FonePaw also includes other tools for operating different functions on the videos. Let’s point out the functionalities of the other tools that FonePaw provides.
- Media Metadata Editor: This option lets you change the information such as title, description, publishing time, and others of your video file.
- Video Compressor: The Video Compressor tool allows you to compress the videos into your preference’s file size.
- GIF Maker: The GIF maker can convert the entire video into GIF, or you can make the customized GIF by trimming the video file.
- 3D Maker: The 3D maker tool can be used to convert the original 2D videos into 3D ones.
- Video Enhancer: Video Enhancer lets you make more changes to your video to improve the video quality. The enhance options include – Upscale Resolution, Optimize Brightness and Contrast, Remove Video Noise, Reduce Video Shaking, and more.
FonePaw Video Converter Salient Features
Here are the top features of the FonePaw video converter ultimate that makes it apart from its competitors.
- FonePaw converter supports almost every video file format like AVI, MP4, ALV, MKV, FLV, WMA, 3GP, WMV, and many more.
- You will find a lot of customization options before converting a video.
- Since it is equipped with high-end NVIDIA CUDA technology, its conversion speed is six times higher than the others.
- It can also be used as a video or audio player.
- Despite being a converter, it provides a lot of advanced video editing options such as resolution upscaler, brightness and contrast optimizer, video noise remover, and many more.
- A simple video can be converted into the 4K resolution for maximum clarity. A 2D video can be converted into a 3D one.
- Merging multiple videos into one or trimming a video can also be performed on PhonePaw.
- Before converting, you can adjust or edit the audio and subtitles as per your will.
- Using it, you can extract the audio tracks from the video.
Is it worth buying FonePaw Video Converter Ultimate?
Getting or not getting software depends on the frequency of your need. If you are professionally into video making, editing, then you will always need a robust video converter for sure.
If you are looking for a good video converter that can quickly convert your videos without altering the quality, is light to the system, doesn’t carry malware programs and files, provides video and audio enhancing options in addition, and a lot of other tools, then nothing is better than FonePaw Video Converter Ultimate.
There are only a few flaws, such as the trial version allows you to convert only 5 minutes of video, and currently, there is only one skin option. Apart from that, it is trustworthy and priceworthy. You will surely never regret getting it.