If you’re looking for a comprehensive and reliable malware removal solution, Malwarebytes is a great option. But is Malwarebytes safe to use?
In this article, we’ll test Malwarebytes on some factors and help you decide if it’s the safe and right tool for you.
What is Malwarebytes?
Malwarebytes is a powerful malware removal tool that can be used to scan your computer for viruses, spyware, and eradicates the latest security threats from your system. It was developed by Marcin Kleczynski and Bruce Harrison in 2008 and has been steadily gaining popularity ever since. The software is available in both free and premium versions, with the latter offering additional features such as real-time protection against new threats. As a matter of fact, Malwarebytes is one of the few anti-virus programs that are currently certified by West Coast Labs.
Malwarebytes is equipped with highly advanced technology, which is capable of detecting and removing malware. The software works by scanning your system for malicious programs and files that may be present on it. If any such items are discovered during this process, they will then be automatically deleted from your PC or Mac while leaving the rest untouched.
Advantages of Malwarebytes
As a cybersecurity solution program, Malwarebytes provides lots of advantages to the users.
Some of the advantages of using Malwarebytes are:
- One major advantage of Malwarebytes is that it is lightweight software. The normal version requires you to have 1 GB of free disk space while the premium version requires 2.5 GB free hard disk space for installation.
- The software is very easy to use and can be installed in minutes.
- It has a simple, user-friendly interface that makes it easy to navigate. It is a great software for novice users who want to protect their computers without going through the hassle of adjusting any settings.
- Malwarebytes is equipped with highly advanced technology, which allows it to detect and remove malware that other programs may not be able to.
- The software is constantly updated with the latest malware definitions, which ensures that you’re protected against the latest threats. The malware signature database gets updated every hour, thus providing maximum protection from the latest cyber threats.
- Malwarebytes comes with a built-in scheduler, so you can set it to run scans automatically on a regular basis.
- It is available in both free and paid versions. The former comes with limited features while the latter boasts complete protection from all kinds of malware, spyware, and other cyber-threats.
Disadvantages of Malwarebytes
Despite its many advantages, there are a few drawbacks to using Malwarebytes as well. Some of them include:
- The software consumes a lot of system resources. This means that it may affect the performance of your computer if you’re running other applications at the same time.
- Malwarebytes can be a little slow in removing malware from your system.
- It is not effective against rootkits and ransomware.
- The paid version of the software is a bit expensive when compared to other anti-virus programs on the market.
Is Malwarebytes Safe to use?
Malwarebytes is a trusted software in the security industry. It has gained popularity among users because it offers complete protection against all sorts of cyber threats. However, if you have doubts about whether it is safe to use on your device or not, you can judge it on the following factors.
Malwarebytes Trustpilot Reviews
Trustpilot is one of the reliable sources to get unbiased, honest, and verified reviews of any company, service, or product. When your search for Malwarebytes on Trustpilot, currently it is rated as Excellent with an average score of 4.5 out of 5 from 2173 reviewers.
As of now, 73% of users have rated it excellent.
Many users have praised its features and efficiency, describing how they didn’t get any cyber threat after installing the Malwarebytes on their device.
Apart from that, users were also impressed with the customer service that Malwarebytes provides to their premium app users.
All in all, maximum reviews on Trustpilot for Malwarebytes were positive and nobody raises any question whether Malwarebytes is safe or not.
Verify on VirusTotal
VirusTotal is a popular and one of the most trusted sources to analyze suspicious files, domains, IPs, and URLs to detect malware and other breaches. It uses the malware detection engines of top security solution providers. Here you can upload any installer file to detect malicious files in it.
To test, whether the installer of Malwarebytes is safe or not, we downloaded it from the official site and uploaded the installed on VirusTotal. Here are the results.
Only one out of 64 engines raised a red flag for it. However, all popular and trusted providers such as Bitdefender, Avast, Kaspersky, McAfee, AhnLab, and others flagged the installer file as totally safe.
So, if you trust the traditional players in the security field, you should not have any doubt about the Malwarebytes Installer.
Based on the results of the two major factors mentioned above, it is clear that Malwarebytes is totally safe to install and use for detecting and clearing malicious programs from your devices. It is in fact currently one of the best programs to do so and far better than many old players in the field.
However, if you are still skeptical for some reason and don’t want to use Malwarebytes, there is an excellent alternative for it known as MalwareFox that you can install for protection against major external threats.
Like Malwarebytes, MalwareFox is another great antimalware solution that comes with a lot of advanced security tools and features. It is light-weighted, and unlike many other security programs, it works pretty well with the Windows Defender Security app.
Similar to Malwarebytes, MalwareFox also comes with a yearly subscription and a free trial of 14 days. The one-year subscription for the single device is just $27.99 in price, while if you get it for three devices together, it would cost you around $43.97, i.e., only $14.66 per device for a year.
It means that at a single device cost of Malwarebytes subscription, you can enjoy the three device subscription of MalwareFox. In addition to that you can get MalwareFox at a highly discounted price on WorthWagon: