If you’re running Windows 10 on your computer, then it’s important to keep your drivers up-to-date. Driver updates can fix problems with your hardware and improve the performance of your computer. In this blog post, we will show you how to download and install driver updates for Windows 10. We will also provide a link to our software that will help you automate the process.
Why is it important to update Graphics Drivers?
Drivers are small pieces of software that allow your computer to communicate with your hardware components. They should be constantly updated to improve performance, fix bugs, and add new features.
As mentioned in the introduction, drivers are an integral part of the PC. So, it is pretty important that they are regularly updated with the latest version. Here are other reasons to update Windows drivers:
- One of the main reasons to keep drivers up to date is to enjoy better performance. Newer driver versions are often created with optimization in mind. So, by updating your drivers, you can potentially see a significant boost in speed and stability.
- Additionally, updates usually fix any existing bugs or glitches. So, if you have been having issues with your PC, updating drivers could help resolve them.
- In some cases, you might also need to update drivers to be able to use certain features or programs. For example, if you want to play the latest games, you will need to have updated graphics drivers.
- Similarly, new versions of software or operating systems might require updates to certain drivers. So, if you want to be able to use all the features of your computer, you should keep your drivers up to date.
- Finally, another important reason to update drivers is security. Just like any other software, drivers can be vulnerable to security threats. By keeping them up to date, you can help protect your computer from potential attacks.
How to download Drive Updates from Windows Optional Updates?
Under Windows Optional Updates, you could find some driver updates. Follow these steps to install drivers through Optional Updaters:
- Go to Settings -> Windows Update.
- Under Windows Update, click on View all optional updates.
- Expand the Driver updates option, and then select the driver you wish to install. After that, click Download and install.
- Reboot the system after installation.
Download Driver Updates using Third-Party Programs
If you want a hassle-free experience of downloading driver updates, then you can use third-party programs. These programs will scan your system for outdated or missing drivers and then update them with just a few clicks.
Here are a few best driver updater programs:
Driver Booster is the best updater software on our list. It is designed to automatically detect the missing or outdated drivers from the Windows system. With 3 Million+ drivers on its database, you are assured to find the rarest driver and fix any compatibility issue.
Driver Booster 7 PRO is safe and designed to detect outdated, missing, and faulty drivers and update them all in a single click.
Once you get the PRO version using the Driver Booster key, it unlocks the following features:
- Fast Scanning and downloading: Within a few seconds, it can scan the entire PC for the missing, broken, or outdated drivers and start downloading/installing them.
- One-Click Update: Can update all the drivers in a single click.
- Enhance the Performance: It can highly magnify the performance of the system, by finding out the broken drivers and repairing them.
- Backup & Restore: It lets you back up all the system drivers and restore them after you format the PC.
Avast Driver Updater
Avast is popularly known for its security programs. However, it also provides many PC optimization tools; one of those is Avast Driver Updater.
Avast Driver Updater scans your PC for outdated drivers and replaces them with the latest version available in its database. It servers around whooping 5 million drivers. That means there is a good chance it has all the essential drivers for your PC. Moreover, it creates a backup of the existing drivers in case things go south. It comes with a trial period of 15 days on the first installation.
How to download Drivers via Nvidia GeForce Experience or AMD Radeon Software?
Nvidia has a GeForce Experience software tool for its GTX and RTX graphics cards. AMD offers its own Radeon Software, which performs similarly by delivering driver updates, game optimization settings, and other features. You may use these programs to see whether new drivers are available and install them if necessary.
Download Nvidia Drivers via GeForce Experience
- On a PC, install and open the Nvidia GeForce Experience program. It may already be installed on more recent systems.
- Under the GeForce Experience window, switch to the Drivers page. It will scan for any available updates and display them in the window.
- To conduct a manual scan, choose the Check for Update button in the upper right corner. If there are any updates to be installed, download and install them.
- To remove and reinstall the existing driver, click the More button (three dots) and then Reinstall Driver.
Download AMD Driver Updates via Radeon Software
- Open the AMD Radeon Software.
- Select the Settings option in the Radeon Software window.
- Under the Software & Driver heading, click Check for Updates. It will check for pending updates and prompt you to install any that are available.
List of Driver Manufacturers to download Driver Updates
Here is the list of top Driver manufacturers from which you can manually download driver updates for Windows 10:
- Apple Boot Camp Drivers
- Broadcom Bluetooth Driver
- Creative Sound Blaster
- Synaptics Touchpad drivers
- Brother printers, scanners, FAX
- Canon printers, scanners
- Epson printers, scanners
- Logitech devices
- Razer Blade systems
- PL2303 (Prolific) driver.
Driver updates can be important for the performance of your computer. In this blog post, we have shown you how to download and install driver updates for Windows 10. We have also provided a list of driver manufacturers with the link to download the driver updates.
We hope you found this blog post helpful. If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment below.
A driver is a software program that enables your computer to communicate with hardware devices such as printers, scanners, and more. without drivers, your computer would not be able to function.
Driver updates can fix problems with your hardware and improve the performance of your computer. In some cases, driver updates can even add new features and functionality to your hardware.
It’s a good idea to check for driver updates on a regular basis – at least once a month or so. This way, you can be sure that you’re always running the latest and greatest drivers for your hardware.
Driver updates are available from the manufacturer’s website. In some cases, you may be able to find driver updates through Windows Update. However, not all manufacturers make their drivers available through Windows Update.