Often the Windows 10 users face issues on their systems, the root cause of which is mostly outdated drivers. Although Windows in-built utility, the Device Manager, and Windows Update can be used to update the drivers, it does not notify you of the outdated drivers. Furthermore, sometimes it does not even update the drivers to their latest version.
It is essential to keep updated to the latest version of the drivers; otherwise, they may cause much trouble like sound or video distortion, which can further deteriorate your workflow.
For that, Driver Updater Software are used. The Driver Updaters are the third-party programs that help the users to search and install the most compatible and the latest version of the drivers on their systems.
This post would guide you to the five best driver updater software for Windows 10 devices that would optimize your PC for more efficient use.
What does an ideal Driver Updater should have?
Before going ahead to look for a suitable Driver Updater for your system, you must have a bit of knowledge of what defines a good Driver Updater.
Following are some essential features that a Driver Updater should have:
- The user interface (UI) of a Driver Updater should be straightforward to navigate so that a beginner can also use it with ease.
- It should have a scheduler so that you don’t have to look for the update manually. The scheduler can also be used to schedule the driver update when you are not doing any critical tasks on your PC.
- A Driver Updater should automatically scan for the outdated or damaged driver from your entire system.
- Driver Updater should support the one-click fix. That is, a user should not be forced to update the drivers by one by one clicking. Just a single click should update all the drivers.
- For better understanding, a Driver Updater should be multilingual.
- It should have a vast database of all the popular drivers with their latest versions.
- It should have an exclusion option to exclude the drivers that you do not wish to update.
1. Driver Booster
Driver Booster is the best updater software on our list. It is designed to automatically detects the missing or outdated drivers from the Windows system. With 3 Million+ drivers on its database, you are assured to find the rarest driver and fix any compatibility issue.
Driver Booster 7 PRO is safe and designed to detect outdated, missing, and faulty drivers and update them all in a single click.
Once you get PRO version using Driver Booster key, it unlocks following features:
- Fast Scanning and downloading: Within a few seconds, it can scan the entire PC for the missing, broken, or outdated drivers and start downloading/installing them.
- One-Click Update: Can update all the drivers in a single click.
- Enhance the Performance: It can highly magnify the performance of the system, by finding out the broken drivers and repair it.
- Backup & Restore: It lets you back up all the system drivers and restore them after you format the PC.
2. Advanced Driver Updater
Advanced Driver Updater is one of the most exceptional programs for reporting the outdated or faulty drivers of your Windows system. It has almost all the features of an ideal Driver Updater. It comes with a free trial, and the PRO version would cost $34.60. Advanced Driver Updater is one of the most trusted programs because of its humongous database of more than 2.7 million drivers.
The key features of Advanced Driver Updater are:
- User Interface: It has a straightforward user interface without any loops or misleading options.
- Automatic Scan: It automatically scans for the outdated drivers and notifies you the same.
- Multilingual: It supports more than ten global languages that maximize its reach.
- Compatibility: Advanced Driver Updater supports Windows 10, 8, and 7. It is compatible with both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
Smart Driver Care
Smart Driver Care is a complete package with all the essential tools to catch the damaged, faulty, missing, or outdated drivers from your PC within a few clicks. It can enhance your system performance and make it lag-free by detecting and reporting hardware problems. Its trial version is free to use, while PRO version is priced at $34.60
The key features of Smart Driver Care are:
- Scheduler: the scheduler feature lets you schedule the missing driver scanning and installing at your preferable time.
- Easy to set up: it is quite easy to set up and get started.
- Excluder: users can create a list of drivers that they want to exclude from updating.
- Support: Smart Driver Pack supports all the variants of Windows 10 and older Windows versions such as Windows 8, 8.1, and 7.
Next in the list to easily manage your system’s drivers is Driver Easy. As its name suggests, it is quite easy and straightforward to use. It keeps track of your device drivers and alerts you whenever a driver requires and update. Though it is lightweight, it is still a powerful tool. The PRO version would cost you $29.99, while the trial version is available for free.
The key features of Driver Easy are:
- Lightweight: it is one of the most lightweight Driver Updaters you would find.
- Booster: after using it, you would find a noticeable boost in your system performance and especially the gaming experience.
- Trusted: it only installs trusted and verified drivers on your system.
Drive Genius is another robust application for updating the drivers of your device. It is developed by a reputed company Drive-Soft, which develops tools for PC optimization. Drive Genius thoroughly checks for the faulty drivers that are reducing your system performance. It provides a 60-days trial version, while the PRO version would cost you $22.95.
The key features of Driver Genius are:
- Database: it has an extensive database of over 1.5 million drivers
- Clone: users can create a clone of all the installed drivers
- Verified: it installs drivers from the official or verified sources
Regularly updating the system drivers is a great way to maintain its health. With the applications listed in this post, you can update your drivers without much effort. Use any of them according to your preference and speed up your device.
Drivers are a bridge between your device’s hardware and software. So, to make them work efficiently, drivers need to be updated regularly.
YES, using a driver updater is absolutely safe, however, before getting a driver updater check for its features, manufacturer, and user reviews.
YES, updating the drivers can speed up your old PC’s. So it is always recommended to update the drivers frequently.